Thursday, March 6, 2008

Homeschool All-State Choir

So, a few months back, my choir director chose 6-7 people from the entire choir to nominate them for a spot in the Home school All-State Choir (HSASC) performing this May. I knew before auditions for Willy Wonka that I had been nominated, but I didn't find out if I made it until yesterday. And, .......(drum roll).........I'm in! I made it into the All-State Choir! I'm really excited because they only chose approx. 60-70 kids from the entire state, and I'm one of them! I haven't gotten my music yet, but I will when I send in my participation form. I'm so happy to be able to do this because I've heard that stuff like this looks good on college applications and since, with six kids in the family, I'll probably have to pay my own way through college, I'll take any chance I have to get closer to a scholarship. I'm sure most of you understand!

6 comments:

SocialButterfly said...

Wow! That is great news Livie! I am so happy for you! I hope Nicole can reschedule the LW meeting because both me and Michelle can't make it on the day she planned it. I emailed her but I don't think she got it because I believe I sent it monday and she only does email on the weekends! I may call her if she doesn't email me back by Saturday evening.

Katie and Elizabeth said...

I am soo very excited for you Livie! :) Hope you do great. Do you get anything if you win this?

Elizabeth

Livie said...

Lizzy,
It's not a contest, they already chose poeple (me included) to sing at a homeschool conference in May. That's all we get to do as part of the All-State Choir.

Livie

Katie said...

That's really cool!!!

You said a few months ago you might do some singing at the INCH conference...are you going to do that?

If you do not sing, will you be going to it any way?

Katie

Livie said...

That's where the All-State Choir is singing this year. I'm really happy because it doesn't interfere with my Willy Wonka rehearsals! (It's two weeks before tech week)

Livie

You said...

OMG!! I'm so happy for you! I know that she wrote that in a letter before Christmas choir (when I was going to do it) But I had to move.