Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vacation!!!!!!!

If you can't tell from the title of this post, our family is on vacation!!! We're staying in a cottage that my grandparents own about 3 hours north of where we live. We came up yesterday and are planning on staying until Tuesday. My parents don't want to try to leave on Memorial Day with all the traffic! I was going to post about it before we left but there was no time with all the packing that had to get done. I also have some photos on our computer at home that I want to post. I'm posting this from my brother's laptop right now. We've had a lot of fun so far. (even though we haven't done much!) We drove for about 3 1/2 hours yesterday and got here at about 11:00 pm. We stopped at Wal-mart to get things for breakfast before we arrived at the cottage. By the time we were unpacked in the house, it was about 12:30 so my little brothers went straight to bed. (no, they didn't sleep in the car, no one in our family has ever slept easily in a car) I got to bed around 2 am...and then woke up at 9. Actually, 7, but I got back to sleep eventually. I had a really hard time sleeping last night too. Not because we were away from home or anything 'cause I don't usually have problems with that. The real reason is because I had to sleep on a cot. There aren't enough beds in the cottage for us all to sleep in a bed so we have two fold out cots. Now, I usually sleep in one of these and I love it-they're very comfortable but it was broken when we set it up this time so it was really uncomfortable!!!! I slept for the first few hours on the couch and then I moved back to the cot until my brother woke me up at 7. Grrrrrrr!!! Morning people....... Well, that was the most excitment that we've had so far. All we did today was drop my brothers off at a park while my mom and I went shopping for the rest of our food for the weekend. We also picked up some clothes for me. then we came home and here I sit, writting about it all for you! We're going to have chicken breast salad for dinner and then we're hopefully going to get ice cream from our favorite ice cream shop! I can't wait for that! The only thing is that when we passed it earlier, we saw on their sign that they were under new ownership so who knows, we might end up with a new favorite this year. :p That's all for now! I'll try to post again before we get home but, who knows? ; )

~Livie

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. said...

Staying in a cottage sounds like fun.


P.S. I'm new to your blog, if you would like; feel free to stop by my blog.