Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Presidential Physical Fitness Challenge

That was a mouthfull! But, that is what I found myself doing yesterday. My mom got an e-mail a few weeks ago telling us that we were invited to join some other home-schooled kids for the testing. It was hard, I knew it was going to be, though. I'm pretty sore right now, especially in my abs! Ugh! We did 5 events: 1 mile run/walk, 'V' sit and reach, push-ups, shuttle run, and sit-ups. It was fun so niether me or my friend (Social Butterfly) cared that we didn't get any awards. Though we were both very close! We both came in a few minutes slow on the run/walk (3-4 to be exact :p ) and niether of us hit the mark on sit-ups either. Oh well, at least we had fun! That's all that really matters! Officially, each of us got the 'participant' award (along with everyone else that I knew there). 'Participant' being less than 50%. Gag. Well, at least we can say now that the Presidential Physical Fitness Challenge is 'unfair' because obviously we don't have a problem. *wink* JK Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Choo said...

OOH! I did that! Years ago! When I was 8.

SocialButterfly said...

I was glad we were there together! That made it somewhat enjoyable. LOL : )

See you later,
SocialButterfly