Friday, May 16, 2008

Tech Week

Ugh! What more can I say? My week has been totally packed! Not only do I have a larger amount of school to do than usual this week, but spending 4-5 hours (sometimes more) at the theater every night can be really draining! The past two nights, I've been at rehearsal until 11:30 at night! I've been trying to post for some time but I simply haven't had a chance. This has been the order of my days this week: Get up-late! (My mom lets me sleep in because it's tech week! :] ) Eat, do school, possibly have a few minutes to do something, curl my hair (with my thick hair it takes approx. 45 min. I'm getting better though), try to scarf something down, get into micing clothes (The clothes you wear underneath your costume that they put your microphone on in), do make-up, then rush out. When I get home I have about 2 minutes to check my e-mail and get a snack before I have to go to bed. Talk about tiring! Well, tonight is opening night so we're about to unveil our show to 400 people. Though some might cringe at that thought, I find it rather exhilarating. My only problem is that I've confirmed that I'm definitely allergic to the mic tape that they use, so I have to change the side that my mic is on every night to try to avoid breaking out (it doesn't really help that much...) Oh, well, I guess I'd rather break out for a few days than not be a lead. I'm just scared that the kids won't want to talk to me after the show. That's what happened to the Beast in Beauty and the Beast! Whatever....I just don't want to force the kids to talk to me if they don't want to. Your prayers would be much appreciated!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why would they not want to talk to you after the show because you are alergic to tape? Or is it because you wouldn't be a lead? Sorry but I am a tad bit confused... : )
I will pray that you do well! I can't wait to see it for myself!

Blessings,
Nina

Katie and Elizabeth said...

BUSY!!!!!!! :-) I might be going to see it...

Elizabeth

Katie and Elizabeth said...

Too bad that you are alergic to it :( I hope i can come see it!

Katie

Choo said...

sounds like my dance recitals, except that they were usually on sundays, so I had to stick church in there too. Let me tell you, going to church with your hair completely plastered back, and I mean COMPLETELY, is not fun, especially when you usually go with your hair completely down. Yeah. Performances are fun. And I know what you mean about the exhilaration of preforming. I'll definatly be praying for you, love, and I'm coming to see you tomorrow, though I won't be able to stick around long, cause I have Geometry at three which is across town. Sucks eggs. but oh well. i've now posted the longest comment ever! GO ME!

God is with you Livie, dear.

You said...

You did a fantastic job at the show! I remember in Peter Pan that you were thinking you were allergic to that mic tape... I hope I'm not, if I ever get a lead. You did AWESOME!! I remember tech week in the other shows, it was REALLY draining!

~Nicole