Saturday, February 9, 2008

Willy Wonka

Okay, so I wasn't planning on being on this early and telling you about this but I found out earlier than expected........Well, here goes. I was at a birthday party this afternoon and the director for my play company called. I wasn't able to pick up the phone quickly enough so she left me a message asking me to call her back. Of course I did right away because when the director calls you the day that the cast list is supposed to come out it usually means something. I talked to her for a few minutes about where I was (she called home first and my parents told her about the party) then she said, "Hey, I was wondering if you'd mind playing Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." I almost screamed! (I didn't because that wouldn't be nice to her) Right now I'm sitting here in shock still because I can't believe out of approx. 150 kids I'm the one they chose to portray Veruca Salt. I'm totally convinced that all your prayers helped. Thank you soooooooooooo much. I love you all, but most of all, I love God.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats! Livie!
That is sooo neat!
I hope you do well in the play, i'll have to come see it :)

Katie

Livie said...

Thanks! I'm really excited. One that's really cool about this part is I get a whole solo number! I've barely gotten a singing solo before, much less a whole song!

Livie

Katie said...

That's cool! you did have a little singing part in Peter Pan,

I really wanted to audition for it but i really don't have much time or money!

Katie

Livie said...

Yes, those are the problems most people who don't audition have.

Livie

Katie and Elizabeth said...

Really cool!!!

Elizabeth

P.S. I really want to go see Willy Wonka. Now that you in it...it makes it all the better :) Hope you do well! I'll be praying for you to do well.

P.S.S. Where does Veruca get a singing solo? I saw you and Katie commenting back and forth about it...but I just watched the new Willy Wonka and she didn't have any singing parts. Oh well, even if she did, that's really cool for you!!

Livie said...

She sings the song 'I Want It Now' just before falling down the chute in the golden goose room (older Willy Wonka) or the squirrel room (Newer one and the book).

Livie

Katie and Elizabeth said...

I see. Sounds f-f-f-f-f-f-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n!!!! ;-)

Elizabeth