Thursday, September 11, 2008

Please pray hard!!!!

You may look at the post time and say, '1:00 am! That can't be right!' but it is right. Yes, I'm sitting here at my computer at 1-o-clock in the morning to ask for your prayers. My mom woke up this morning feeling like she had the flu. As the day went on, though, the symptoms got worse and she get a bad pain in her side. My dad had to come home from work to take my brother to his college (yes, I said, college) class. Eventually my mom asked my dad to take her to the ER so they left at about 7:30 pm. We didn't hear form them for the whole evening but then at about midnight my dad called to tell us to go to bed. They had done a bunch of tests but they hadn't told my parents anything yet. About 15 minutes ago, Isaac called again, asking if we had any soda in the house. My dad told him that the doctors were almost positive that it was appendicitis. My dad's on his way home right now and my mom's going into surgery within the next 6 hours. And, so, here I am almost in tears, waiting for the news that won't come until morning. I beg that you pray that God will help my mom be okay, but mostly for peace. Peace for everyone-us, my mom, the doctors. Thank you all so much!

~L

9 comments:

SocialButterfly said...

Dear Livie,

I am so sorry to hear such news. I will pray for a safe surgery for your mom and peace. Keep strong in the Lord and he will bless you!

Love in Jesus,
Butterfly

Katie said...

Livie,
I hope your moms surgery goes well, and i'll keep her and your family in your prayer.

Katie

Livie said...

Thank you girls!!!! I just talked to my dad and my mom just got out of surgery. The operation went well, but the doctor said that when they showed up last night, my mom's appendix was close to bursting. So, praise God that that didn't happen!

Thanks again for your prayers,
Livie

Elizabeth said...

I'm soo sorry! I'm glad to hear from your comment though, that it went well. It's a good thing it didn't burst. My cousin's appendix burst and so did our old pastor's daughter, they were in the hospital for quite a few days.
Our old pastor's daughter, actually had to be in a wheelchair!
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord for doctors!! I'll be praying for her to get better.

Savannah Nichole said...

Ok, I will. Savannah

Livie said...

Thank you all sooooo much! I don't even know half of you and you've still been so great! My mom's home now. She's actually sitting right across the room from me! Everything's great, and the only thing is that she can't drive with her medication or pick anything that's heavier than 10 lbs. for two weeks. We're all just happy she's okay!

Livie

Unknown said...

My Dad had appendicites a couple of years ago. Surgery went fine, but the healing is the bad part. He could barely move for the first week. He still has a big scar on his stomach. God will help your mom. I will pray for fast healing for her. God be with you and your mom.

Love,
Kait

Hannah said...

Livie,
I am sooo sorry that happened to you and your mom. I will certainly keep both your mom and you in my prayers.

God Bless!

~Hannah